Saturday, August 29, 2015

Steveston Ukulele Circle

It's a bit of a trek from Vancouver's West End where I live to the Steveston Japanese Cultural Centre where the weekly ukulele circle meets on Friday mornings but it's well worth it!

On sunny days I take transit part ways then ride my bike along the lovely Richmond bike paths. 


Some days it's transit all the way or a pal picks me up at the Skytrain station and occasionally I even drive our car but no
matter my mode of transport I rarely miss this gentle easy going ukulele group. 



Everyone in the group is warm and welcoming so it's easy to meet new friends - ukulele players just seem to be like that wherever you go, I've found. And lucky for me the Steveston group has been a fun magnet for some of my long time friends as well. 







2 comments:

  1. When and what time are your meet-ups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach, the meetups are Friday's from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Hope to see you there some time soon!

    ReplyDelete